From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage option "--changed-use" not working?
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 01:39:46
1 Hilco Wijbenga wrote:
2 > On 19 January 2012 16:05, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Well, the USE flag got changed. Isn't that what -N is supposed to do?
4 >
5 > -N == --newuse not --changed-use :-)
6 >
7 > It's exactly for this reason that I use --changed-use and not
8 > --newuse. See the man page for the details.
13 Well, sort of seems like about the same. The dev changed the USE flag,
14 it is changed, portage sees it was changed, portage wants to recompile
15 it with the new/changed flags.
16
17 I'm not exactly clear on the difference between newuse and changed-use.
18 If you enable a USE flag, it is changed. If you disable a USE flag, it
19 is changed. If a new flag comes along and it is different than the last
20 install, then it can be either a new flag or a changed flag. It should
21 recompile either way.
22
23 Maybe there is some subtle difference somewhere that I am missing.
24
25 Dale
26
30 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
31 how you interpreted my words!
32
33 Miss the compile output? Hint:
34 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"