From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mozilla-bin port not rendering correctly
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 19:23:57
1 On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 10:58:04AM -0700, Rob wrote
2 > I have never seen this behavior except with the Gentoo mozilla-bin port.
3 > It is not rendering text correctly. I have tried Arial Truetype font
4 > and ordinary fonts. What is does is print the letters of text with huge
5 > spaces between them. It does not occur on all web pages, but enough to
6 > be really annoying. I do not know if this is a port problem or a basic
7 > mozilla problem. Has any one else seen this? the mozilla version is 1.7.12
8
9 Problem
10 =======
11 I had the exact same problem in Firefox. What's happening is that you
12 are setting up *YOUR* fonts, but the browser is using *THE WEBPAGE'S*
13 fonts, so what you do has no effect.
14
15 Solution
16 ========
17 The Mozilla menu sequence might be slightly different. In Firefox, it
18 was as follows...
19
20 Edit
21 Preferences
22 General
23 Fonts & Colors
24
25 Near the bottom of the "Fonts & Colors" tab, check the option...
26 Always use my: [X] Fonts
27
28 Now *YOUR* font choices should take effect.
31 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
32 An infinite number of monkeys pounding away on keyboards will
33 eventually produce a report showing that Windows is more secure,
34 and has a lower TCO, than linux.
35 --
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list