From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dd says no space left on device
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 16:06:53
1 On 16/5/2011, at 4:35pm, Mick wrote:
2 >> GParted is the next choice, then - I understand it to be more than "just a graphical front-end", and I don't think you'll have such good results trying to use command-line tools to expand NTFS partitions.
3 > ...
4 > After your dd the data over to the new disk you will need to run
5 > gparted as suggested by Stroller, or use ntfsresize which is what
6 > gparted uses anyway.
7
8 I believe that GParted uses the ntfsresize *libraries* directly, rather than the ntfsresize command-line program.
9
10 I believe that's why GParted behaves *better* than ntfsresize - I'm sure there has been at least one occasion on which I found it better to use GParted than ntfsresize (which wouldn't do what I wanted).
11
12 I made the quoted statement for a reason.
13
14 Stroller.