From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] SSH xterm not working properly during install
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2020 19:42:44
1 On Wed, Jul 08, 2020 at 01:48:42PM -0000, Grant Edwards wrote
2
3 > I've been installing Gentoo that way for almost 20 years and never had
4 > a problem. I very rarely use xterm though -- I used aterm for years,
5 > switched to rxvt, and then to urxvt.
6
7 As I mentioned in another post, the "toe" command shows which TERM
8 types you terminal supports. xterm (the app) doesn't support "linux"
9 TERM type. The solution was to set TERM to "xterm" at both ends.
10 Basically, run "toe" on both machines and find a common entry that they
11 both support.
14 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
15 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications