From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: SSH xterm not working properly during install
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2020 13:48:55
1 On 2020-07-08, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > Today I decided to ssh into the install, and cut + paste stuff into
4 > an ssh xterm into the install. This went flying along really fast
5 > until I went to emerge after having updated make.conf. I got a slew
6 > of weird errors.
7
8 I've been installing Gentoo that way for almost 20 years and never had
9 a problem. I very rarely use xterm though -- I used aterm for years,
10 switched to rxvt, and then to urxvt.
11
12 > It turns out that make.conf was majorly butchered after I had done
13 > some "simple" edits over ssh. This seems to be a terminfo problem, so
14 > it may apply to more than just nano.
17 Grant