From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: SSH xterm not working properly during install
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2020 02:05:24
1 On 7/8/20 9:48 AM, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2020-07-08, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Today I decided to ssh into the install, and cut + paste stuff into
5 >> an ssh xterm into the install. This went flying along really fast
6 >> until I went to emerge after having updated make.conf. I got a slew
7 >> of weird errors.
8 >
9 > I've been installing Gentoo that way for almost 20 years and never had
10 > a problem. I very rarely use xterm though -- I used aterm for years,
11 > switched to rxvt, and then to urxvt.
12 >
13 >> It turns out that make.conf was majorly butchered after I had done
14 >> some "simple" edits over ssh. This seems to be a terminfo problem, so
15 >> it may apply to more than just nano.
16 >
17 > --
18 > Grant
23 x11-misc/urxvtconfig