From: Daniel Barkalow <barkalow@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unmasking USE flags
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 00:30:45
1 On Tue, 23 Jan 2007, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2
3 > On Tuesday 23 January 2007 22:28, Daniel Barkalow wrote:
4 > > Is there some approved way to unmask a USE flag that your profile masks?
5 > > (Maybe only for certain packages?) I need "multilib" for
6 > > cross-arm-elf/newlib, and x86 profiles have it masked.
7 > >
8 > > (For that matter, arm profiles seem to also have it masked, despite at
9 > > least some arm devices having two ISAs)
10 >
11 > I seriously doubt it'll work but unmasking a use flag is easy..
12
13 Why wouldn't it work? I'm working around an infelicity in crossdev-enabled
14 packages, where the USE flag for supporting multiple ABIs for the target
15 is masked by the profile for the build host, which is actually totally
16 irrelevant to the --enable-multilib configure option to (e.g.) newlib.
17
18 Is there some way to specify a totally different profile (per ARCH) for
19 cross-ARCH/* packages? (Ideally, it would only be somewhat seperate, in
20 case the build arch needs to determine some of the stuff, while the target
21 arch determines most of the important stuff for this sort of package.)
22
23 In any case, /etc/portage/profile is what I needed to know, thanks.
24
25 -Daniel
26 *This .sig left intentionally blank*