From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge ignoring -v switch
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 14:07:43
1 On Sun, Dec 04, 2011 at 08:27:33AM +0000, Mick wrote:
2
3 > > > Remerged python, verified the right python via eselect, remerge portage,
4 > > > etc etc etc etc I just can't seem to get proper output from emerge
5 > > > anymore no matter what. Other than that everything is working fine, but
6 > > > I do need to see actual output.
7 > > >
8 > > > Anyone know what to do to fix this?
9 > >
10 > > Did you enable parallel builds? I.e. added --jobs and/or --load related
11 > > options to EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS? In that case emerge uses this kind of
12 > > output, because obviously you can’t display multiple builds at the same
13 > > time in one window.
14 > >
15 > > The -v flag, to my knowledge, only affects the output of -p and -a, adding
16 > > information like used and changed use flags and file size to download for
17 > > each package to be installed.
18 >
19 > I've got both -j and -l set in my MAKEOPTS and portage is quite verbose as it
20 > has always been. I don't know if EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS has a different effect.
21
22 Indeed it has. MAKE_OPTS contains options to make, whereas EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS
23 contains those for emerge. Both have a -j option. If you tell -j (jobs) to
24 emerge, it will do as many emerges simultaneously.
25 --
26 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
27 I forbid any use of my email addresses with Facebook services.
28
29 ...still, there is life before death!