From: Denis <denis.che@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] fstab and cdrom question
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 18:42:44
1 Hello folks,
2
3 Quick question.
4
5 My main HD is SATA and gets /dev/sda in fstab. My CDROM, which is the
6 only device on the IDE bus, seems to be /dev/hda. That's what
7 Audacious declared when it was looking for a CD to play. I had CDROM
8 device forced to /dev/cdrom in Audacious, unwittingly, before and was
9 wondering why my CDs were not playing! However, my fstab is still
10 "/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom auto noauto,user
11 0 0" - so should I switch this to /dev/hda instead of /dev/cdrom?
12 If so, should some link be made to /dev/cdrom, if other programs may
13 be querying /dev/cdrom for the sake of Linux standard convention, or
14 is /dev/cdrom already a link, which was broken in my case?
15
16 Thank you,
17 Denis