From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] File transfer via USB?
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 19:08:39
1 On 4/25/21 11:39 AM, karl@××××××××.se wrote:
2 > I doubt that many are fluen in cu and uucp,
3
4 I think that lack of knowledge / dumb / ignorant about something is (or
5 can be) a relatively easy problem to solve.
6
7 As in there is (or was) no knowledge about something and there will be
8 (or is) knowledge at some point in the future.
9
10 > are they even available on the ms-win side.
11
12 I used Taylor-UUCP (no known relation) on Windows XP a number of years
13 ago via Cygwin. I suspect that Windows Subsystem for Linux could be
14 pressed into service for similar today.
15
16 > Who knows, this might work https://www.uupc.net/
17
18 Probably.
19
20 > You can always build yourself two pairs of RS232 to RS422 converters
21 > and see where the limit on your serial ports are.
22
23 What would the RS232 to RS422 get you? Why not just use RS232 between
24 the computers? What does RS422 provide to make the extra conversions
25 worth while?
26
27 > You can even try with other deserializes/serializers. What speed do
28 > you want ?
29
30 Probably. I would be afraid that they would have a lower RoI,
31 particularly on the effort front.
36 Grant. . . .
37 unix || die