From: karl@××××××××.se
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] File transfer via USB?
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 17:39:45
1 Grant:
2 > On 4/23/21 7:45 PM, karl@××××××××.se wrote:
3 > > Grant:
4 >
5 > I think you are conflating me for the OP. Easy to do with the same
6 > first name. ;-)
7
8 Well, your sig is at a cursory look wery alike, but now I see you
9 have some extra dots and an || expression.
10
11 ...
12 > Is it wrong that the first thing that came to mind when reading the OP's
13 > post is UUCP with as high speed serial as possible?
14
15 I doubt that many are fluen in cu and uucp, are they even available on
16 the ms-win side. Who knows, this might work https://www.uupc.net/
17
18 > I wonder if the USB LapLink (type) cable or USB On The Go gadget cables
19 > could present as a multi-megabit serial interface.
20
21 You can always build yourself two pairs of RS232 to RS422 converters
22 and see where the limit on your serial ports are. You can even try with
23 other deserializes/serializers. What speed do you want ?
24
25 Regards,
26 /Karl Hammar