From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: File transfer via USB?
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 18:20:09
1 On 2021-04-25, karl@××××××××.se <karl@××××××××.se> wrote:
2 > Grant:
3 >> On 4/23/21 7:45 PM, karl@××××××××.se wrote:
4 >> > Grant:
5 >>
6 >> I think you are conflating me for the OP. Easy to do with the same
7 >> first name. ;-)
8 >
9 > Well, your sig is at a cursory look wery alike, but now I see you
10 > have some extra dots and an || expression.
11 >
12 > ...
13 >> Is it wrong that the first thing that came to mind when reading the OP's
14 >> post is UUCP with as high speed serial as possible?
15 >
16 > I doubt that many are fluen in cu and uucp, are they even available on
17 > the ms-win side. Who knows, this might work https://www.uupc.net/
18 >
19 >> I wonder if the USB LapLink (type) cable or USB On The Go gadget cables
20 >> could present as a multi-megabit serial interface.
21 >
22 > You can always build yourself two pairs of RS232 to RS422 converters
23 > and see where the limit on your serial ports are. You can even try with
24 > other deserializes/serializers. What speed do you want ?
25
26 I've got USB<->serial RS422 adapters that will easily do 1Mbps. That
27 would probably be good enough 90% of the time.
30 Grant