From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sending notification to user@host in LAN
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 21:34:47
1 On Montag, 2. Juli 2007, Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Hi there!
3 >
4 > I'm loooking for a method to send a message to another user on another host
5 > in my LAN. Something like, um, NET SEND does under Windows. A window should
6 > open, displaying the message, nothing more is needed.
7
8 yes. it is known als 'talk'. For decades.
13 > Any ideas? It's not that important, but I thought I'd ask, maybe someone
14 > knows a cool solution. If not, I will write a little daemon script, waiting
15 > for a message file arriving in a shared directory, and displaying it in an
16 > xterm. This way I avoid the use of xhost.
19 yes. emerge -s talk
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list