From: Yoav Luft <yoav.luft@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CD ROM does not play audio CD's
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 09:21:23
1 OK, it works!
2 this what I did:
3 yoav@yoavhost ~/music $ cdda2wav -e -N -B
4 cdda2wav: No such file or directory. Cannot open '-1'. Cannot open SCSI
5 driver.
6 cdda2wav: For possible targets try 'wodim -scanbus'. Make sure you are root.
7 Use the script scan_scsi.linux to find out more.
8 Probably you did not define your SCSI device.
9 Set the CDDA_DEVICE environment variable or use the -D option.
10 You can also define the default device in the Makefile.
11 For possible transport specifiers try 'wodim dev=help'.
12 Then I tried:
13 yoav@yoavhost ~/music $ cdda2wav -e -N -B -D /dev/cdrom
14 with much success. So I guess various programs probably try to play the
15 wrong device. How do I point them to the correct one?
16
17 On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Joerg Schilling <