From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: dispatch-conf problem
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 15:58:12
1 John covici wrote:
2
3 > Also, if I want to roll back, say, /etc/init.d/fsck, I am not sure
4 > which file to choose -- in the archive directory there is an
5 > /etc/init.d directory which contains fsck and fsck.dist. I would
6 > imagine that fsck is my old one and fsck.dist is the new one -- now
7 > what happens if this file is updated again?
8
9 No, that is not how it works. New files have the prefix "._" (as is
10 also reported by dispatch-conf.)
11
12 ".dist" is usually a file that is bundled with the upstream tarball. It
13 usually serves as an example.
14
15 You cannot roll back if you choose to keep the new file with
16 dispatch-conf and didn't backup the current one first.