From: John Blinka <jblinka@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ltsp woes
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 16:08:02
1 Hi,
2
3 I help out with a local school using an ltsp server to run 50-60 ancient
4 pentium boxes as terminals. I've run gentoo and ltsp on this server for
5 almost
6 a year without problems. However, a few weeks ago there had been a sudden
7 power outage (and no ups) which took the server and terminals down.
8 Ever since that event, we've not been able to get the terminals to boot.
9 We get as far as this message on the terminals:
10
11 Boot from (N)etwork or from (L)ocal? N
12 Probing...[3C5x9]3C5x9 board on ISA at 0x300 - 10baseT
13 Ethernet address: 00:A0:24:98:14:55
14 Searching for Server (DHCP)...
15 ............ No Server found
16
17 The server is up and running. I can log into it remotely via
18 ssh or VNC and everything seems to be operating normally.
19 A dhcp daemon is running, and, in fact is supplying ip addresses
20 to a bunch of windows boxes on the school network.
21
22 Any suggestions on how to debug this are welcome!
23
24 Thanks for your help.
25
26 John Blinka