From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --update behavior
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 22:48:21
1 On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 01/02/2012 04:58 PM, Michael Mol wrote:
5 >> Ah. I must have gotten confused at "So which ones can I remove?
6 >> Solutions involving time travel and/or losing customers will be
7 >> disqualified."
10 > Sorry, this thread has gotten a little out of hand =)
11 >
12 > I think my point was: most solutions available to me now involve potential
13 > breakage. Others require me to be more careful 6 years ago. Neither of those
14 > is desirable.
15 >
16 > The current --update behavior makes this situation easy to get into. If
17 > there are no downsides to the old behavior (the point of this thread), then
18 > I think the old behavior is preferable.
19
20 I'd guess it's more architectural wrt the internals of portage. But
21 that's why I figure you'd have to ask the devs...
24 :wq