From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] aligning SSD partitions
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 08:26:39
1 On Tue, 4 Sep 2012 20:42:56 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
2
3 > What is the best line for /etc/fstab ? The only example I have is :
4 >
5 > 'tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults,noatime,mode=1777 0 0'
6 >
7 > This doesn't seem to limit the size in any way.
8
9 man mount explains it all, but the option you want is size, which
10 defaults to 50%. I use 80% which is what gives the somewhat odd size of
11 13GB. This is based on physical RAM, but tmpfs will use swap if there is
12 not enough memory.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Angular Momentum Makes The World Go 'Round