From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PORTAGE_ELOG error
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 19:19:13
1 Grant schrieb:
2 >> > I thought this
3 >> > thread was saying using SMTP was optional.
4 >>
5 >> You misunderstood. This thread was about, *WHERE* SMTP is used.
6 >> IMO, it's wrong that portage even CAN use SMTP. But nearly always,
7 >> you'll need to use some SMTP server to get your mail out. But
8 >> with the /usr/sbin/sendmail interface, it's conceivable to send
9 >> out the mail WITHOUT the use of SMTP (eg. if the mail is sent from
10 >> the host with UUCP).
11 >
12 > Can I set my portage elog mail to be sent with UUCP?
13
14 Yes, by employing a sending program, which can do UUCP. /usr/sbin/sendmail
15 could be such a programm.
16
17 > Is it not
18 > recommended for any reason?
19
20 Pardon?
21
22 > I have postfix set up on my remote
23 > server, but I like keeping personal and business stuff separate.
24
25 Fine.
26
27 Alexander Skwar