From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lightweight & Simple Proxy that supports upstream authentication
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 06:13:52
1 On May 20, 2013 12:04 PM, "staticsafe" <me@××××××××××.ca> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 11:31:31AM +0700, Pandu Poluan wrote:
4 > > Hello,
5 > >
6 > > I'm looking for a simple HTTP+FTP proxy that supports upstream
7 > > authentication.
8 > >
9 > > The reason is that we (that is, my employer) have a server that requires
10 > > Internet access for its setup, but for some reason* my employer does not
11 > > want to give the contractors a login for the corporate proxy.
12 > >
13 > > I'm planning of setting up a simple proxy to authenticate against the
14 > > corporate proxy using one of my credentials, and have the contractor use
15 > > this simple proxy instead of the corporate one.
16 > >
17 > > I think Squid can do that... but is there a simpler solution? I truly
18 don't
19 > > need caching, inter-proxy coordination, or other exotic stuff. Just a
20 way
21 > > to allow other people to authenticate against the corporate proxy using
22 my
23 > > credentials, but without giving my credentials away.
24 > >
25 > > (Of course the simple proxy will be installed on a totally separate
26 system,
27 > > one under my full control and nobody else's)
28 > >
29 > > Rgds,
30 > > --
31 >
32 > Polipo perhaps?
33 >
34 > http://www.pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr/~jch/software/polipo/
35 > --
36 > staticsafe
37
38 Ahh, yes! I once used polipo... damn how could I possibly forget that
39 *bangs head against wall.
40
41 Thanks for reminding me :-)
42