From: sdoma <sdoma@××××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Should we NEVER do an ``emerge -u world''?
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 17:05:58
1 Non-sense
2
3 On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 16:41 +0200, Paul Sebastian Ziegler wrote:
4 > If the problem is that your device is not mounted automatically you can
5 > simply try
6 > mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/whatever
7 > with the appropriate device and folder as root.
8 >
9 > Apart from that you could check /etc/fstab for the "auto"-argument.
10 >
11 > Or if this doesn't work you can check dmesg to see what happens to your
12 > device.
13 >
14 > Apart from this:
15 > You SHOULD do emerge -u world. However emerge -uD world might be smarter...
16 > Also don't forget to update your config-files with dispatch-conf or
17 > etc-update.
18 >
19 > hth
20 > Paul
21 >
22 > sdoma wrote:
23 > > Hi,
24 > >
25 > > there is it again ...
26 > > I've upgraded my system and things stop working. :(((
27 > >
28 > > After the upgrade there is no device coming up if I plug in an USB
29 > > device.
30 > > I'm on a stable (x86) system and I would need my USB disks just now. Any
31 > > way to fix this quick?
32 > >
33 > > Thanks
34 > > Frank