From: karl@××××××××.se
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Diskless nodes
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 11:58:14
1 Thelma:
2 > Is anybody running Diskless machine, booting over network?
3 > How is the speed?
4
5 I've done diskless before but it has been a few years since,
6 it was working just fine. Don't remember any specific issues
7 once you get it working.
8
9 > I have a Gentoo machine running Windows7 via VM.
10 > I need to network another PC and connect to that VM so I was thinking
11 > setting up Diskless node but never done it before.
12
13 You have to ask someone else about diskless MS-Windows.
14
15 > Would there be a problem with upgrades?
16 > I know all the node files have to reside on Sever from which the node is
17 > booting.
18 ...
19
20 You have to know which files are system dependent och which are common
21 to all your diskless nodes and that depends on how and if you are
22 using any shared directories/disks for the nodes.
23
24 Regards,
25 /Karl Hammar
26