From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Question about gentoo-sources kernel release versions
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 02:08:40
1 On 2/9/20 7:26 PM, Michael Jones wrote:
4 > On Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 5:55 PM james <garftd@×××××××.net
5 > <mailto:garftd@×××××××.net>> wrote:
6 >
7 > Sure the many of the wonderful folks that visit gentoo-user would
8 > participate, just a little bit?
11 > I would be willing to help.
12 >
13 > However, if left to my own devices, I would just close anything with no
14 > activity for 10 years, and remind the cc list of anything with no
15 > activity for 5 years of the bug as the first thing I did.
16 >
17 > So any effort that I participate in to try to improve that is going to
18 > need the Gentoo developers to give clear instructions on how they want
19 > the project to go.
22 Fair enough. Regular gentoo code (ebuild) issues are more straightforward.
23
24 But, I'm starting on this 'low hanging fruit' now. I.E. converting
25 smaller ebuilds which are eapi-5 and eapi-6 to eapi-7. So are there
26 some cool/easy examples for folks to follow? Dunno. Perhaps someone
27 more knowledgeable and current could suggest a few explicit examples.
30 From what I discern, from scanning these packages you previously
31 alluded to, many are 'maintainer-needed' that have few bugs so they just
32 need to be updated to eapi-7?
35 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Proxy_Maintainers
36
37 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Proxy_Maintainers/User_Guide
38
39 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Tools_for_the_work_as_proxied_maintainer
40
41 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Test_environment
44 I'm trying to subscribe to the list, as I write this.
45 I do not like irc_chat.
46
47 I like email lists. No irc-chat for me. proxy_maint that is email
48 centric, works best for me. ymmv.
49
50 So far, I've installed:
51