From: "W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can the new baselayout handle multiple networks seamlessly?
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 01:53:48
1 If I set the NIC to DHCP as you advise, you are implying that gentoo
2 will handle the various fixed IP's, subnets, gateways and differing vpn
3 schemes automaticly? How can it do that? Only some of the networks
4 (only three in fact) use DHCP.
5
6 ifplugd looks interesting - possibly the best I can do will be to use
7 ifplugd to trigger if-up and if-up will have to contain the various add
8 ons like the vpns and service restarting with functions to detect which
9 to run where. No relief from the nightmare I am afraid ...
10
11 BillK