From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 4G Stick Huawei E3276
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 07:44:49
1 Am 03.04.2013 08:07, schrieb Mick:
2
3 > Glad to hear to you got somewhere with this effort! :-)
4
5 Yes, all the precious time spent :-)
6
7 > If you configure your /etc/conf.d/net for wwan0 (or whatever it is
8 > now called) to use dhcpcd you should not need to manually attempt
9 > getting an IP address:
10 >
11 > config_wwan0="dhcpc"
12 >
13 > Don't forget to create a symlink for your interface in
14 > /etc/init.d/net.lo:
15 >
16 > cd /etc/init.d
17 >
18 > ln -s net.lo net.wwan0
19 >
20 > rc-update add net.wwan0 default
21 >
22 > PS. No idea if NM will barf with these settings, but this is the
23 > vanilla gentoo approach to network configuration and it will deal
24 > with the non-admin user problem.
25
26 Thanks for the reminder/suggestion ... for now it's enough to get it
27 working in the mentioned way as that stick is here for some weeks
28 only. It's only a a "test drive" and I have to return it if I don't
29 decide to do sign a contract (which is pretty expensive ...). I
30 research if we have good enough LTE-coverage at a customer's numerous
31 sites as we consider to back up their insufficient internet
32 connectivity somehow.
33
34 I would have to get it running with some router-distro like ipfire or
35 pfsense to be able to use it ... -> some more work ahead ;-)
36
37 Thanks, Stefan