From: Zeerak Mustafa Waseem <zeerak.w@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wireless Issue
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 15:10:52
1 On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 07:14:35AM -0400, CJoeB wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I had wireless working just fine back when I was using the
5 > 2.6.27-gentoo-r8 kernel. Since upgrading to the 2.6.30 series of
6 > kernels, I haven't been able to get it working. I was using the ipw3945
7 > driver, but this driver needs TKIP and something else (don't remember
8 > what) set in the cryptographic section of the kernel source. I can't
9 > seem to find where that is located, if it is in the kernel that I am
10 > currently running - 2.6.31-gentoo-r10.
11 >
12 > I've tried using the corresponding driver within the kernel, but I still
13 > get told that my wireless connection does not exist and that I should
14 > verify the hardware or kernel module driver.
15 >
16 > I have also always used wireless-tools. I know wpa_supplicant is
17 > supposed to be better because you can enable WEP encryption, but I tried
18 > to set that up too and I still get told that my wireless connection does
19 > not exist and that I should verify the hardware or kernel module driver.
20 >
21 > I'd be happy just using wireless-tools if I could get the ipw3945 driver
22 > to build, but can't without TKIP. Does anyone know if this setting has
23 > been taken out of the kernel source or if it is just located in some
24 > obsure place that I can't find?
25 >
26 > Regards,
27 >
28 > Colleen
29 >
30 > --
31 >
32 > Registered Linux User #411143 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org
36 I'm sorry if I'm mistaken, or if this comes across as awfully rude but didn't you ask the same question back in March? Did you have a look at the replies from then to see if that could help with this issue?
37 Also you can search within the kernel by entering '/' a search field will come up, and if you know part of the name (past thread of same title should reveal that), you should be able to locate it.
38
39 Hope it helps
42 Zeerak Waseem