From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FAN-Speed readout/control ???
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 11:07:13
1 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> [10-12-12 11:32]:
2 > meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > >Hi Andrea, Hi Dale,
4 > >
5 > >Before I post my question I did, what you have suggested, Andrea.
6 > >Sensors-detect reports the it87 chip to be included as module/in the
7 > >kernel, which I did -- but the driver does not produces any output
8 > >
9 > >AMD k10 was already in and reports everything -- only the fan stuff
10 > >was missing, which (normall) the ITE (it87) chip is used for.
11 > >
12 > >The version of lm_sensors, which is in portage reports here "driver to
13 > >be written" but the svn-version of lm_sensors seems to support it. I
14 > >installed that svn-version locally but I cant read from the ITE
15 > >chip.
16 > >Still only voltages and temperatures.
17 > >GKrellm (normally I use conky) also detects no fans.
18 > >
19 > >@Dale:
20 > >Do you have exactly the same board (ASUS Crosshair IV formula) as I,
21 > >or?
22 > >
23 > >I tried to include "everything" into the kernel but unfortunately the
24 > >results are the same: No fans and the it87 driver seems not to work
25 > >for me...
26 > >
27 > >Any other ideas?
28 > >
29 > >Best regards and have a nive sunday!
30 > >mcc
34 > I have a Gigabyte mobo here. There are two places that you have to
35 > enable all the sensors tho. As was posted a bit ago, one is I2C
36 > Support and one is Hardware Monitoring Support both of which are under
37 > Device Drivers. Is it possible that you left one out?
38 >
39 > If you built all the drivers in and it didn't work, then you may have
40 > to wait on a newer kernel. If you are running a stable kernel, you may
41 > want to try a unstable one since they are newer and may have the
42 > updated drivers. I'm using 2.6.36 gentoo-sources here.
43 >
44 > Hope that helps.
45 >
46 > Dale
47 >
48 > :-) :-)
51 Hi Dale,
52
53 I enabled CONFIG_HWMON=y and CONFIG_I2C=y, I also see temperatures
54 and voltages (I still a little confused by what ASUS states of
55 the CPU-dye temperature of not being a physical temperature but one
56 of "arbitrary scale"...but this another field to explore...).
57
58 My kernel is a 2.36.6.2 vanilla...I didn't found any newer ;) ;) ;)
59
60 Seems I am lost ?!?
61
62 Best regards,