From: Bryan Gardiner <bog@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tracking IT work
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 06:14:37
1 On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 07:38:08 +0700
2 Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
3
4 > On Mar 7, 2012 6:07 AM, "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
5 > >
6 > > Am 06.03.2012 21:32, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
7 > >
8 > > > The gnome hamster applet would be helpful if it worked against a
9 > > > DB somewhere ... have it on the desktop and the thinkpad and just
10 > > > press the shortkey ....
11 > > >
12 > > > gotta check how it works with gnome3 now.
13 > >
14 > > The dev has some work done for an extension for gnome shell:
15 > >
16 > > https://github.com/tbaugis/hamster-shell-extension
17 > >
18 > > Something for my todo-list. If I had some ;-)
19 > >
20 > > S
23 > Most important IMO is the capability to expert as CSV; then you can
24 > slice and dice it every which way you want :-)
25 >
26 > Rgds,
27
28 I'm going to throw out that org-mode is also excellent for tossing
29 around notes, scheduling, and time-tracking, though my experience
30 with the time-tracking portion of it is limited so I'm not sure how
31 well that would serve you.
32
33 And it's all just text(TM) with a nice simple syntax. Definitely worth
34 a look if Emacs is your editor of choice.
35
36 Cheers,
37 Bryan