From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: The Quagmire (was: Me, and how to troll LIKE A BOSS.)
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 13:25:40
1 Bertram Scharpf <lists <at> bertram-scharpf.de> writes:
4 > this is off-topic and it is not meant as a contribution to
5 > an escalation.
6
7 It's quite painful to watch anyone suffer.
8
9 > > I have not had a job in 4 years.
10
11 > This is no fun. I can tell you. And it is not neccessarily
12 > your own fault. Although Alans posts give rise to the
13 > suspicion that it is, it also may be the other way round.
14
15 It's a global problem/challenge to keep 7+ billion folks employed
16 and otherwise engaged in valid pursuits of life and happiness. No doubt
17 he is wrestling with a few demons.....
20 > It's wrong to judge if you haven't experienced it. You won't
21 > judge if you have experienced it. I beware of criticising
22 > Alan and I know why I do so and why I will do so for the
23 > rest of my life. It's not a beam that is in Alan's eye.
24
25 As one with deep christian values, since early childhood, I am
26 a sucker for those in need. Yes, sometimes it is often total BS,
27 but most often, not. Sometimes it is easier to help this sort of
28 person, locally. But the 'reach out' to total strangers across the
29 net is often valid. Too hard to tell. Often that caustic tone
30 is a reflection of deep pain, just like a wounded animal down to
31 their last instinct to 'lash out'. Then there is Nietzsche and that
32 school of thought.
33
34 You'd hope that someone local to him is helping him sort through these
35 issues. Maybe volunteer work (at his keyboard) to help others
36 would be some good therapy......
37
38 No matter how you slice it, it's painful to read.
41 hth,
42 James