From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wiki alsa article
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2020 13:28:35
1 On Fri, 06 Nov 2020 07:21:40 -0500,
2 Jude DaShiell wrote:
3 >
4 > Has anyone figured out how to get usb speakers playing after a boot into a
5 > new gentoo system? If so, please update that alsa article in gentoo wiki.
6 > With speakup.synth=soft as boot parameter usb speakers work fine but not
7 > after boot into new gentoo install. If I do what I can, I can get the
8 > 3.5mm jack speakers to work. Use of alsamixer finds the usb speakers but
9 > cannot enable them.
12 I wonder are you using espeakup or speech dispatcher? Maybe espeakup
13 does not release the alsa device, just a guess.
16 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
17 How do
18 you spend it?
19
20 John Covici wb2una