From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 03:11:17
1 On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 9:04 PM, Taiidan@×××.com <Taiidan@×××.com> wrote:
2 > Thoughts:
3 > Pulseaudio, ahavi, systemd, etc, any and all pottering products - it really
4 > makes me wonder as to why the developers of every major distro suddenly all
5 > at once forced them all a community that didn't want or need them, with no
6 > easy way to disable them.
9 Maybe the developers found them useful? That's why I use those
10 particular programs at least, and I actually had to go out of my way
11 to install them on Gentoo...
12
13 Or, maybe the developers of every major distro are all getting paid
14 huge sums of money to sneak in back doors. Seems like it would be
15 easier and less conspicuous to just pay them to put the back doors in
16 the software they were already using. In any case, if this is the
17 case please let me know where I can pick up my check.
20 Rich