From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ATI X trouble, again
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 21:06:33
1 Jesús Guerrero writes:
2
3 > On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 17:47:44 +0200, Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
4 > wrote:
5
6 > What kind of blank is it? Do you see the mouse pointer at least? Do the
7 > monitor(s) stay on or do they go into standby mode?
8
9 The monitors complain about bad frequencies. The TFT then enters standby
10 mode, the CRT continues trying to show something, but I only see the
11 "frequency out of range" message.
12
13 > I've had issues with
14 > radeon in the past, and after asking in the mailing list it seemed like
15 > some issue with my AGP card. Some developer suggested to try this in the
16 > xorg.conf file and it worked for me:
17 >
18 > Option "BusType" "PCIE"
19 >
20 > And yes, it's an AGP card. The logic behind this is out of my
21 > understanding. You can see the thread here:
22 >
23 > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.freedesktop.xorg.drivers.ati/10628/ma
24 > tch=i92guboj
25
26 Tried that, but it did not help.
27
28 > If you have problems with the radeon (not fglrx or radeonhd) driver, I
29 > suggest posting to that list. It's probably the best place to get help if
30 > the standard procedures do not work.
31
32 Thanks! I will do that.
33
34 Wonko