From: Roy Wright <roy@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Net / dhcp (miss)behaviour
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 01:38:20
1 Marko Kocić wrote:
2 > I noticed that in most cases after I boot to windows, when I reboot
3 > back to linux I can't connect.
4 > When I reboot back to windows, net is up.
5 >
6 > When it fails I noticed that it send DHCP requests, but doesn't get a response.
7 >
8 > I tried dhclient, dhcpd and pump, and the results are allways the
9 > same. It happens in the evenings, when internet traffic is high.
10 >
11 Try "ipconnect /release" before rebooting to linux.
12
13 Also I had a similar problem when I accidentally had two dhcp servers
14 running in my home lan. A hair pulling two days. :-)
15
16 I'd also suggest picking up a cheap non-wireless router (ex: linksys
17 BEFSR41).
18 This will help isolate your box from being dependent on your ISP's dhcp
19 server.
22 HTH,
23 Roy
27 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list