From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] upgrading 1-year old system
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 21:43:20
1 On 01/29/2017 03:56 PM, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > I haven't updated my system for over a year (1year and 3-months).
3 > I was trying to upgrade my firefox-bin and I'm already running into problems.
6 Ugh, you're in for it. The ncurses update requires --backtrack=100 or
7 something like that. Independently, the ruby situation is a mess because
8 ruby20 was masked at the same time as the RUBY_TARGETS flag, meaning
9 that everyone's system immediately became inconsistent (installed
10 packages depending on masked flag depending on masked dev-lang/ruby).
11 You might be better off manually unmasking ruby:2.0 and
12 USE=ruby_targets_ruby20 until this is over.
13
14 Start at the top and "emerge -v1" things one at a time. If that doesn't
15 work, start at the bottom and try it. Or go through your /var/db/pkg and
16 see which one of those you can hit with an "emerge -1" successfully.
17 Once you've gotten the list down a little bit, it might be easier to see
18 what the blockers are.