From: Pavel Volkov <sailor@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] has anyone tried KDE5?
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 07:41:37
1 On Saturday, October 4, 2014 9:37:04 PM MSK, Michael Palimaka wrote:
2 > The KDE release structure has evolved[1], decoupling the release cycle
3 > of the Platform, Workspace, and Applications. This means that there is
4 > no longer a single Software Compilation in the same way there was with
5 > KDE 4.
6 >
7 > We (Gentoo KDE team) have not yet made a decision as to when the Plasma
8 > 5 Workspace will be pushed to the main tree. I've been using it on a
9 > daily basis for about six months, and consider the next release (5.1.0)
10 > to be a good candidate for the main tree.
11 >
12 > The underlying Platform (KDE Frameworks 5) upon which Plasma 5 is built
13 > is expected in the main tree in about a week, after the 5.3.0 release.
14
15 I think KDE Application 5 haven't been released yet (at least I don't
16 remember seeing the news). Are you going to package old applications with
17 Frameworks 5 and Plasma 5?