From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT encfs] When encfs gets hungup
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 19:14:39
1 On Sat, 09 Jul 2011 12:56:42 -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:
2
3 > > Apart from the need to access legacy data, which Harry has resolved by
4 > > reformatting, is there any benefit in using encfs rather than the
5 > > in-kernel ecryptfs these days?
6 >
7 > Are you using ecryptfs? I started looking around and thinking exactly
8 > what Albert says is not a proper response, and wondering if ecryptfs
9 > might be a better choice.
10
11 Not at the moment, although I have used it from time to time and it does
12 what it should without fuss.
13
14 > Also after seeing no responses or any posts at all on the encfs group,
15 > I wondered if ecryptfs is under active development, as it appears
16 > encfs is not. So, for that reason alone, (assuming there is current
17 > active devel going on with ecryptfs) it might be good to switch.
18
19 Ubuntu use it for encrypting home directories, so it should have active
20 attention.
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 ... "Yummy," said Pooh, as he hilted his paw into the "honeypot".