From: gottlieb@×××.edu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unclear (to me) errors from portage
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 16:21:18
1 On Fri, Aug 08 2014, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 2:23 AM, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
4 >> I notice a few perl blockers.
5 >> You could try the following:
6 >>
7 >> # emerge -vuD1 $(qlist -IC 'virtual/perl-*')
8 >> # perl-cleaner --all -v -- -v
9 >>
10 >> And then retry to update world.
11 >> I've been encountering some perl blockages myself, and this cleared
12 >> it up for me.
13 >
14 > On stable the most recent perl update seems very prone to blockers,
15 > and I found that cleaning out the virtuals using the first command
16 > given helped portage sort things out considerably.
17 >
18 > If a package outputs an update notice like that, it is usually for a
19 > reason...
20
21 I see.
22
23 On my other systems, no blockers have been reported.
24 Should I run the two commands above anyway?
25
26 I do understand "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", but I wonder if there
27 are problems waiting to happen that those two commands would eliminate.
28
29 thanks,
30 allan