From: Thomas Chef <thomas.chef@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel fails to boot on Via Epia
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 08:58:52
1 I selected all devices from the guideline in the EPIA Howto:
2 http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/VIA_Epia_M_II
3
4 I downloaded the minimal CD:
5 http://bouncer.gentoo.org/fetch/gentoo-2008.0-minimal/x86/
6
7 For the kernel source I followed the online Handbook (with links)
8
9 I will try with sda notation in my lilo config.
10 If this doesnt work I will send my .config and lilo.conf-files.
11
12 Is it lilo that tells the kernel at boot what device to mount as root ?
13
14 / Thomas