From: YoYo Siska <yoyo@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel panics and more info
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 11:12:16
1 On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 12:22:32PM -0500, Dale wrote:
2 ...
3 > >>using either. I clicked on the link to download and the window
4 > >>popped up to ask me whether to open it or save it. I selected to
5 > >>save it as I have done countless times before. As soon as I clicked
6 > >>that, the window popped up asking where to save it to then kernel
7 > >>panic. This was in Seamonkey.
8 ...
9 > So, when Seamonkey or Firefox try to download something, besides the
10 > web pages itself, I get a kernel panic. Is this weird or what?
11
12 BTW, as any other browser (well, new enough..), firefox starts
13 downloading as soon as you click on a link (ie, it dowloads it while you
14 are choosing where to save it, so that by the time you choose the
15 dir/filename, smaller files are allready downloaded ;).
16 You can easilly see this if you have some kind of network traffic monitoring
17 widget/applet/app...
18 I guess it starts to download it to a temp file, than moves it to the
19 file you choose (never looked into it)... so the problem would be most
20 likely in that operation..
21
22 yoyo