From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge -avt xfce4-meta; haven't got startxfce4. Help, please!
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 20:35:17
1 On Wednesday 10 February 2010 18:37:00 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > > gcc rebuilds itself twice to ensure that the binary is built with the
3 > > same version as the result, and verifies that the last two are bit-wise
4 > > identical. Then building the toolchain, then building the rest of world
5 > > gives you exactly what you hope to get from doing it twice.
6 >
7 > And it was you or Neil or someone else here who pointed that out maybe
8 > 1-2 years ago so I stopped doing it twice.
9 >
10 > But, heck, why not? I do a lot of pointless things every day. I only
11 > do new installs a few times a year... ;-)
12
13 Now that you put it that way.... :-)
17 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com