From: Thomas Kahle <tom111@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No kernel boot after inserting more ram
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 22:43:35
2 Hash: SHA1
5 Hi,
6
7 I guess your kernel is configured to support only 1GB of RAM. In the
8 kernel configuration look for "Processor Type and Features"
9 There you find the Option. High Memory Support.
10 Probably it is set to "off". Set it to 4GB then recompile the kernel.
11 That should do it.
12
13 have fun
14 Tom
15
16 José Pedro Saraiva wrote:
17 > Well, after all kinds of tests and trying different types of memory
18 > configurations, I can only conclude that my kernel boots normally with 1
19 > GB of RAM installed but hangs when I have 2 GB of RAM installed. I can't
20 > find a logical reason for this to happen.
21 >
22 > Any pointers or suggestions are welcome,
23 > Regards
24 >
25 > On Jan 19, 2008 11:31 PM, José Pedro Saraiva <nocive@×××××.com