From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Do Debian's 2.6.18 problems exist in gentoo?
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 23:52:49
1 On Sun, 2007-01-21 at 15:09 +1300, Nick Rout wrote:
2 > On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 17:27:28 -0500
3 > Hendrik Boom <hendrik@××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 > > I'm in the process of installing gentoo now,
6
7 good! [snip]
8
9 > > What I was wondering was whether a similar misfortune has befallen
10 > > gentoo's 2.6.18 kernel, or whether gentoo's kernel developers have just
11 > > left the 2.6.19 patches in 2.6.19.
12 > >
13 > > Maybe I'm being silly asking about this, but I have become paranoid about
14 > > severe file system damage.
15 > >
16 > > -- hendrik
17 >
18 > there are a number of kernels you can install in gentoo - see inside
19 > the directory /usr/portage/sys-kernel. You can also see what patches
20 > have been applied by looking at the ebuilds.
21
22 to those not familiar with gentoo: there is also a vanilla-sources
23 ebuild, which installs the kernel exactly as it is from kernel.org, with
24 no patches, if you want to go that way.
25
26 HTH,
30 I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
31 -- Oscar Wilde
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list