From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Want to seriously test a NEW hard drive
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 11:54:02
1 On Mon, 06 Aug 2012 06:25:19 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > While I am at it. You should have a good answer for this one. What is
4 > a good file system for this sort of thing? I been using ext4 but it
5 > sure does use a lot of space for its overhead.
6
7 My MythTV box used XFS, but I use ext4 on newer systems. If you're only
8 storing data on it, create the filesystem with the -m 0 option to make
9 all the space available.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.