From: Drew Tomlinson <drew@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Modules Not Autoloading
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 17:12:00
1 John covici wrote:
2 > on Thursday 11/27/2008 Dale(rdalek1967@×××××.com) wrote
3 > > Drew Tomlinson wrote:
4 > > > Modules are not autoloading since initial install with gentoo-sources
5 > > > 2.6.25. I have since upgraded to kernel 2.6.27 but the issue
6 > > > persists. In my previous Gentoo install and other Gentoo installs,
7 > > > autoloading modules worked. I do not know why they are not loading in
8 > > > this case.
9 > > >
10 > > > I have the following:
11 > > >
12 > > > mythfe01 mythtv # cat /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 abituguru
13 > > > ftdi_sio
14 > > > lirc_i2c
15 > > >
16 > > > Yet on reboot, these modules don't load. Loading manually works fine:
17 > > >
18 > > > mythfe01 mythtv # modprobe abituguru
19 > > > mythfe01 mythtv # modprobe ftdi_sio
20 > > > mythfe01 mythtv # modprobe lirc_i2c
21 > > >
22 > > > Can anyone tell me where my error may be?
25 > > I think I read something after one of my upgrades that said loading
26 > > modules was changing. If you keep your logs, check the messages that
27 > > appear when portage installs a package. I only use nvidia here as a
28 > > module so I didn't pay much attention after the reboot worked.
29 > >
30 > > I also checked emerge.log but I didn't recognize the package. Maybe
31 > > this will help tho.
32 >
33 > If you are using base layout 2.x then the name has changed along with
34 > a number of other things -- there is a migration guide at
35 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/openrc-migration.xml
36 >
37 > Hope this helps.
40 Yes, I am using base layout 2. This nudge is what I needed.
41
42 Thanks for all the replies!
43
44 Drew