From: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Modules Not Autoloading
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 07:51:06
1 on Thursday 11/27/2008 Dale(rdalek1967@×××××.com) wrote
2 > Drew Tomlinson wrote:
3 > > Modules are not autoloading since initial install with gentoo-sources
4 > > 2.6.25. I have since upgraded to kernel 2.6.27 but the issue
5 > > persists. In my previous Gentoo install and other Gentoo installs,
6 > > autoloading modules worked. I do not know why they are not loading in
7 > > this case.
8 > >
9 > > I have the following:
10 > >
11 > > mythfe01 mythtv # cat /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 abituguru
12 > > ftdi_sio
13 > > lirc_i2c
14 > >
15 > > Yet on reboot, these modules don't load. Loading manually works fine:
16 > >
17 > > mythfe01 mythtv # modprobe abituguru
18 > > mythfe01 mythtv # modprobe ftdi_sio
19 > > mythfe01 mythtv # modprobe lirc_i2c
20 > >
21 > > Can anyone tell me where my error may be?
22 > >
23 > > Thanks,
24 > >
25 > > Drew
28 > I think I read something after one of my upgrades that said loading
29 > modules was changing. If you keep your logs, check the messages that
30 > appear when portage installs a package. I only use nvidia here as a
31 > module so I didn't pay much attention after the reboot worked.
32 >
33 > I also checked emerge.log but I didn't recognize the package. Maybe
34 > this will help tho.
35
36 If you are using base layout 2.x then the name has changed along with
37 a number of other things -- there is a migration guide at
38 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/openrc-migration.xml
39
40 Hope this helps.
43 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
44 How do
45 you spend it?
46
47 John Covici