From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "Illegal instruction" error
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 23:54:01
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 01:08 on Tuesday 12 October 2010, Dale did
2 opine thusly:
3
4 > Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 > > Apparently, though unproven, at 00:40 on Tuesday 12 October 2010, Daniel
6 > >
7 > > Pielmeier did opine thusly:
8 > > :-)
9 > >
10 > > This is what happens with modern reliable hardware - I should have gone
11 > > for the memory as the very very first step. It's been so long since I've
12 > > had to deal with dodgy memory on anything, it just didn't occur to
13 > > me....
14 > >
15 > > I was ready to start looking for weird flags using weird cpu
16 > > instructions.
17 >
18 > Glad to know I am not the only one to miss the obvious from time to
19 > time. lol
22 To top it off, I missed the obvious three other times today, all completely
23 different.....
24
25 I blame it on the 'flu. OK, it's a head cold. Everyone in Joburg has a head
26 cold all the time. Mine just got much worse for a few days
31 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com