From: Mark Kirkwood <markir@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VERY OFF TOPIC - change sparse data to daily data
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:37:45
1 I'd use something like perl[1] to read (2 lines initially) and then each
2 line of the original file, generate the intermediate lines by comparing
3 each line to the one before... printing the new generated lines to
4 stdout (or a specified file if desired).
5
6 Cheers
7
8 Mark
9
10 [1], perl, php, python, awk etc ... probably a bit tricky for bash (tho
11 there's probably someone out there who would try it...)
12
13 Mark Knecht wrote:
14 > Hi,
15 > I know this is EXTREMELY off topic but I don't know of another
16 > better list to ask on. I'm hoping maybe there is a Linux command line
17 > method for doing this. Thanks in advance.
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list