From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Installing via GRML
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 01:13:36
1 On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 14:39 +0100, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2 > Am Dienstag, 15. Januar 2008 schrieb ext Jean-Baptiste Mestelan:
3 > > On 15/01/2008, Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs.ext@×××.com> wrote:
4 > > > make menuconfig && make && make modules_install, maybe? This always
5 > > > works, on any distribution. I still wonder why they all invent their
6 > > > own, special way of compiling a kernel.
7 > >
8 > > Sure, this will work.
9 > > This also presumes that you know your way through menuconfig.
10 >
11 > Another option would be to start with the kernel/modules that come with your
12 > LiveCD. Since you bootet the CD from it, you know it works.
13 >
14 > > > I still wonder why they all invent their own, special
15 > > > way of compiling a kernel.
16 > >
17 > > Probably to leave the choice to users, and allow someone to compile a
18 > > kernel without having in-depth knowledge of one's hardware and kernel
19 > > options ?
20
21 how about just providing a .config file then?
26 Windows 2000 will be released as soon as Windows 98 finishes loading.
29 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list