From: "Bruce Hill
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reconstruct package.use
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 14:45:39
1 > On March 14, 2015 at 6:12 PM Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > It took 10 years but I've finally done something monumentally stupid in
5 > Gentoo:
6 >
7 > I delete package.use and have no backup
8 >
9 > Is there any easy way to recover what was in it? I'm busy doing it the
10 > long way round - repeatedly running emerge world, get past the blocking
11 > USE, then see all the flags that portage thinks changed.
12 >
13 > I wonder if there might be an easier way that I don't know of.
14 >
15 > --
16 > Alan McKinnon
17 > alan.mckinnon@×××××.com
18
19 You have lost nothing, thanks to gentoolkit. Please run "enalyze rebuild use"
20 and you will get package.use.test which will be the difference between default
21 USE flags and yours. Then "mv package.use.test /etc/portage/package.use" will
22 put you back in business.
23
24 Happy Penguin Computers >`)
25 805 Grant Street ( \
26 Bessemer, AL 35020 ^^
27 Cell: 205-535-0347
28 support at happypenguincomputers dot com
29 http://www.happypenguincomputers.com