From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NAS and replacing with larger drives
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 23:49:47
1 Am Fri, Dec 16, 2022 at 04:43:25PM -0600 schrieb Dale:
2
3 > > 4) While I cannot tell you if the card you ordered has a Linux or FreeBSD
4 > > driver, I can point out that on the left hand side of your TrueNAS
5 > > dashboard, accessible in your browser hopefully, there is a pulldown
6 > > called 'Network'. It should hopefully show you the current network
7 > > interface which in my case is called 're0'. On the right you might,
8 > > hopefully
9 > > possibly see a big blue button called "ADD". Consider giving that button
10 > > a push after you've installed your new card.
11
12 > 4:  I have a monitor hooked up still so I can do it the text way if
13 > needed.  It mentions about setting up the network as one of the
14 > options.
15 >
16 > Since you mentioned it has a GUI option, I may just do that.
17 > So long as it works.
18
19 That’s what I referred to earlier: you get a web interface built-in that
20 takes care of all the chores. I always wanted to set up shares on my NAS so
21 that guests could easily access it anonymously, but safely (meaning: no
22 write access). I never had the patience to go through the whole setup of ftp
23 and/or samba with the proper users and directories. But a web UI could take
24 care of all of that. Plus it’s shiny. :D
25
26 My point is: there is no need for a monitor. ;-)
29 Grüße | Greetings | Salut | Qapla’
30 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
31
32 LCARS - Linux Can Also Run Starships